Stindermühle, former school and mill

PDF

Mill
According to the pedigree, the mill is mentioned in 1707. In 1886 the farm and mill were given a third function: a school was set up in the rooms. There was a provision that led to the establishment of a separate school when the number of school-age children exceeded a set limit. In order to reach this necessary number, the farmers endeavored to employ workers with many children. From 1886 to 1929 up to 50 children were taught here.

Good to know

author

Office for Culture and Tourism
Düsseldorfer Strasse 26
40822 Mettmann

Organization

Mettmann district
Travel
Stindermühle, former school and mill
Stindertalweg 50
40699 Erkrath