Neander Church

PDF

Church

Named after the theologian and hymn writer Joachim Neander (1650-1680)
Single-nave church with a harmonious interior in historicism style
with Art Nouveau influences. The elaborately structured outer walls are made of Neanderthal limestone. Bells and facade from the construction period.
Laying of the foundation stone on July 26.7.1903, 23.7.1905, inauguration on July 1954, XNUMX; Architect Heinrich Plange from Wuppertal, conversion XNUMX; the Neander Church was created through the commitment of a private church building association with the significant participation of the cloth manufacturer Adolf Boeddinghaus (donation of the property).

Good to know

author

Office for Culture and Tourism

Düsseldorfer Strasse 26
40822 Mettmann

0049 2104 99-0

Organization

Neander Church

Neanderweg 19
40699 Erkrath

You seem to be using Microsoft's Internet Explorer Web browserto view our website.

For functionality and security reasons, we strongly recommend using an up-to-date web browser such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or Edge to use. Internet Explorer does not display all of the content on our website correctly and does not offer all of its functions.