Heiligenhaus town hall

PDF

Historical building
The building that preceded the town hall from 1885 initially served as a Protestant school “am Denkmal”. Since the community of Heiligenhaus became independent (April 1, 1897), the brick building has also been used as the town hall. After the conversion and extension in 1923, the town hall got its current appearance. Initially, the lower rooms of the town hall were also used as a savings bank and school.

In the 1930s the building was remodeled again. The council chamber was given the appearance of the zeitgeist of the time. In the lower cellar rooms there is still a room that was used as a prison. The rooms under the roof used to be a caretaker's apartment.

An extension from 1988 significantly enlarged the administration building.
During the renovation work in the 2010s, windows were renewed, the creepers were removed and a new coat of paint has since made the town hall shine in new splendor

Good to know

Opening hours

Days off: Saturday, Sunday, all public holidays closed

Hygiene and infection control measures

The current hygiene and infection protection measures of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia apply.

author

Office for Culture and Tourism

Düsseldorfer Strasse 26
40822 Mettmann

0049 2104 99-0

info@neanderland.de

Organization

Nearby

Heiligenhaus town hall

Hauptstraße 157
42579 Heiligenhaus

Website

You seem to be using Microsoft's Internet Explorer Web browserto view our website.

For functionality and security reasons, we strongly recommend using an up-to-date web browser such as Firefox, Chrome, safari, Opera or Edge to use. Internet Explorer does not display all of the content on our website correctly and does not offer all of its functions.